Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Monday, January 16, 2012

Chicken Parmesan...BAKE

Pinned From: Food Wishes


This recipe got RAVE reviews so I had to try it out.  It really is super simple and fast to put together which is awesome.  But was it delicious?  In a word, yes.  However, I think we all know I have a few more words to say...it was really watery.  You can see in the lower right corner of my pan (below) the wateryness because I always scoop out a bit to cool for my kiddos ahead of time.  My theory for why it was so runny is three fold.  1) It could be because of my particular sauce (I always use Prego, usually the fresh mushroom variety) 2) I cut into it early to get some cooling time in for the kids 3) My croutons were too large and didn't get down into the sauce enough to soak up the juices (I used Texas Toast).... All in all it wasn't a home run per-say, but it was yummy enough and simple enough to try again.  Next time I plan to use a smaller crouton and wait a minute before serving.  


Pin worthiness:  You Betcha

Like I said, I'm going to try again.  I love that this is a simple recipe that I usually have all the ingredients for in my pantry.

A few notes:  I only used 3 chicken breasts because those mothers were HUGE.  I sliced them down the middle, filet style and spread them along the bottom of the pan.  Also, the price of fresh basil was astronomical that day so I bought the kind that's in a tube and you squeeze out and I thought the dish had a lovely basil flavor.  I LOVE basil so I'd love to try it with fresh but that might have to wait until I'm growing my own right outside my front door this summer.

1 comment: