Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Felt Tipped, Tip

Pinned From:  Wee Folk Art


Sometimes you just want to throw your palm against your head and exclaim, "why didn't I think of that?"  This is one of those times.  Pinterest is full of good tips.  I really like to do crafts with felt, it's soft and it doesn't fray, what more could a girl want?  Sometimes I just wing it as I cut and sometimes I marker the shapes I want right onto the felt.  The former doesn't always work out so well.  The latter can be visible depending on how you apply the felt to whatever you're doing.  Wee Folk Art to the rescue.  The answer?  TAPE.  Tape that whole mother down, yo.  And she adds, staple the middle for stability.  Uh, duh!  Why didn't I think of that.

I did it.  I made my little friend Stella a Super Stella/Bird Girl cape for her 1st birthday.  One side was purple with a dark purple super S.  One side was pink with a bright pink bird.  Unfortunately I didn't take a picture before I gave it to her!  My bad. Cutting that felt out with this method was awesome.

Pin worthiness:  And how

I'll never felt the same way again.

No comments:

Post a Comment