Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Thursday, December 22, 2011

White Chicken Enchiladas

Pinned From: Joyful Momma's Kitchen


You know how we have perfectly tasty, relatively healthy recipes with tomato based sauces and we should be just fine with that?  And then, shazam, spaghetti marinara, meet fettuccine Alfredo, lasagna, meet white lasagna, enchiladas, meet white chicken enchiladas.  Sure we lose some nutrition in the form of a serving of fruit/vegetable (tomatoes! don't get me started), let's look at what we gain!  Creamy, ooey, gooey calories!  Oh, I mean, a good ol' dose of comfort food.  That's what we gain...pure c...comfort.

What we have here is half a pan because I forgot to photo before dishing up some plates.  Also, I used a Mexican Fiesta blend of cheese because that's what I had.  The results.  Pretty good.  But I felt like this recipe had to be better. I loved the sauce but it seemed like something was missing.  I made them again, this time being sure to use pure, unadulterated Monterrey Jack and adding about a tsp of salt to the sauce.  The results were super good.  Funny how a simple thing like cheese and a tsp of salt can make such a difference.

Pin Worthiness:  And How

Just make sure you follow the recipe, but add a bit of salt too because I think that just amped up the flavors in the sauce.  My husband and I agreed that round 2 was soooo yummy.

No comments:

Post a Comment