Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Corn Bread Dressing

Pinned from: Mangio da Sola


Looks good doesn't it?  That's what I thought.  Don't get me wrong, it's not bad, it's just not my cup of tea.  I consider myself well versed in the consumption of good but I can honestly say I'd never really had a cornbread stuffing before.  I always thought it sounded good and seeing this image sure made me want to give it a go, plus there were comments on her blog by people who LOVED it.  Maybe I just don't like cornbread stuffing.  Maybe it is this recipe is the end all be all but I'll never know because of my aversion to it's basic make up.

Also, it goes against my basic rule for Crock Pot cooking...that it all be done in the pot, or maybe dirties one extra dish in preparation.  This bad boy dirties many dishes.   You have to make the cornbread, you have to poach the chicken.  That's lots of prep work and dishes for a crock pot dish if you ask me!

OK, that went on long enough, let me break it down for you.  My dinner table that evening included, me, my husband, my 2 year old, my 8 month old, my mother, and my brother.  I thought it was way too sweet, my mom that it was sweet, my husband said it was fine with salt, my  kids loved it and so did my brother.  So there you go.  A house divided.

Pin Worthiness: Sure

I mean, if some people love it and other's don't I suppose it's worth you giving it a try.  If you like cornbread stuffing then I really suggest you give it a try and tell me if it really is the best cornbread stuffing you've ever had.

No comments:

Post a Comment