Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Friday, November 18, 2011

Recipe Fail

Pinned from: Six Sisters' Stuff
This is not the recipe I made, this pin is for a list of 25 slow cooker recipes and this is the picture that appears on the pin boards, I've seen it all over pinterest.  Thought I'd show you this one in case you have it pinned.

This is what I made.  Orange Chicken in the Crock Pot.  When I started making my grocery list and added items from this recipe I became suspicious. A whole can of orange juice concentrate?  OK, I'm sure these people think it tastes good or they never would have linked it, right?

Well, I made it.  It was disgusting.  Seriously.  I could not finish it.  My son gagged, my husband humored me and then confessed that it was't good, never admitting how awful it really was.  It just was not a pleasant dining experience.

Why the epic fail?  Oh, that's just because...well...I'm an idiot I suppose.  The recipe calls for 8 oz of orange juice concentrate, an entire can is 12 oz.  I didn't misread just once, while writing down ingredients but again while making this stupid dish!  And here's the thing...I'm not sure that 4 fewer ounces would have made that much of a difference.  I realize it's a full third but it was just sooooooooooooo orangey!  Ick.

Pin Worthiness:  Not Really (this is based on this recipe alone and not the fact that this pin is for 25 recipes.)

The bottom line is I won't be making this again, even with just 8 ounces of juice, I'm too scarred from my first experience.  You can try if you want.  Let me know how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment