Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Friday, February 17, 2012

Bon Appedon't

Pinned From:  Bon Appetit

Linguine, crab, lemon, mint...sounds too good to be true.  Too delicious and flavorful and light for words?  Well, let me assure you, this recipe was a MAJOR disappointment to me.  I love crab, I love pasta and even now as I read the list of ingredients it sounds so delicious to me but it just wasn't.  

Pretty much anytime they tell me to reserve some pasta liquid I don't like it.  I feel like it gives the whole dish a chalky, starchy flavor and texture.  This whole dish was bland and I didn't even finish my portion.  Maybe I haven't mastered the technique, maybe the fault is all mine.  It doesn't matter.  I won't be making this dish again.

Pin Worthiness:  Not Really

I'll admit I did replace the chili's with red bell peppers because I had to serve it to my children but even still...the heat wouldn't have helped this hopeless heap.

No comments:

Post a Comment