Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Monday, February 27, 2012

French Toast Bake

Pinned From: Rach's Blog

This was pretty yummy.  I will do it differently next time but there will be a next time.  Rach cut her crusts but said it wasn't necessary but as you can see from my photo without cutting the crusts the middles sink.  It still tastes fine but I think It would be better if it were all uniform.  If you have very senstive and strong aversion to soggy bread you might not like this.  I mean, I don't like soggy bread but I can handle a certain level.  I have a sister who can't even stand tres leches.  TRES LECHES!  So...if you're like that then you probably won't like this recipe.  If you can handle tres leches then you'll probably like this...a very similar texture.

Also, you really wouldn't want syrup with this because the whole bottom is butter and sugar...I'm contemplating putting a big layer of syrup down next time instead because I really like maple with my breakfast carbs...
Pin Worthiness:  You betcha

I served this up with bananas and strawberries and it was a hit.

No comments:

Post a Comment