Labels

Food (19) Savory (15) You betcha (13) And How (11) Crafts (8) Crock Pot (6) Sure (5) DIY (4) Holiday (4) Bread (3) Halloween (3) Meh (3) Tips (3) Decor (2) Not Really (2) Party (2) Boots (1) Clothes (1) Costumes (1) Gift (1) Good (1) Hair (1) Humor (1) Kids (1) Pampering (1) Photography (1)

Saturday, February 11, 2012

Carpet Crease Decreaser

Pinned from: Rent Fluff

The tip itself is pretty simple.  If you have a dent in your carpet place ice in it and let the cubes melt slowly and naturally.  Whey they finish melting gently lift the fibers with a spoon.  I pinned this baby right away because our Christmas tree stand left a ring that wasn't going anywhere, I would vacuum it over and over again but nothin' doin'.  

Here's what it looked like:


 And here's what it looked like after:
Not a total Betty but a vast improvement.  (Anyone?  Anyone?)

If I'm being honest those cubes took soooo long to melt I kinda forgot about it until the next day so the carpet wasn't very wet when I got to fluffing but still, I was pretty pleased.  It took a deep dent to a manageable one that was gone a few vacuums later.

Pin Worthiness:  And how

If you've got a carpet dent give this a go.  It's worth a shot, I mean what do you have to lose?  An ice cube?

1 comment: